What exactly is Potluck?
We know you, the organizer, have more important things to do than creating spreadsheets, having long back-and-forth email chains, and trying to chase down that one guest that hasn’t RSVP’d. We also know you don’t want all your photos and memories to disappear down the black hole of the Internet.
With Potluck’s intuitive party, outing, and trip planning app, you can:
- Provide all relevant details and plans to your guests, and allow them to chat with each other to coordinate directly in your event page. For outings, this includes tasks like who's driving and who's booking the hotel.
- Specify what you would like people to bring, or you can simply give them categories like “dessert” or “beer." This can be specific to certain people as assigned through comments, or this can be an “everybody brings something” situation, like BYOB (or *ahem* an actual potluck.)
- When presented with a category, your guests can write in exactly what they are bringing, ensuring you don’t end up with 10 buckets of vanilla ice cream (although that kinda sounds amazing.)
- Check on the RSVP list to see who's coming, who's unable to attend, and who hasn't yet RSVP'd.
- After your event or trip is over, all guests will be able to upload photos directly to your Moments page. Potluck Moments pages are free and open to you and your guests forever even if you cancel your membership. Your Moments Calendar provides you and your guests an easy way to re-live your favorite shared experiences and keep your relationships growing!
Ultimately, our product is here to help you save time and stay connected with those you see IRL (In Real Life.) If you are using our platform and believe we are NOT living up to these promises, we would love to hear from you!
Just shoot an email over to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we look forward to hearin' from y'all!
Potluck’s Mission is to nurture a sense of community by continually inspiring shared experiences among friends, family, and neighbors.
We accomplish this by staying true to our core purpose: To provide an elegant and simple platform that adds value to our users' shared experiences.
Potluck's Founders were born in Small-Town USA (Mississippi, y’all!) and believe strongly that technology should serve one purpose: simplify your life, don't distract from it.
So, with that in mind, everything we build starts and ends with you. Our singular focus is answering the question, “What are our users doing on a day-to-day basis that our technology can simplify?” If an idea we have does not deliver on this answer, we don’t build it.
We also believe news feeds and advertising do nothing to provide value to your shared experiences, so we cut them out! Creating a membership platform means our true customer will always be you and never the highest bidder, which is why we also make the following promises to you:
- Your personal information will never be sold to 3rd parties.
- You will never see a banner advertisement anywhere on your event or in your invitations.
- You will never be asked to “build your network” by connecting with everyone you’ve ever met. No offense to those people you knew 9 years ago and haven’t seen since, but since Potluck is not being built to sell advertising, there’s no incentive for us to build an algorithm that decides who you hear from or talk to. You already have friends, family and neighbors; we don't need to help with that. You control your network.